- Eurus Energy Holdings Corporation, a kabushiki gaisha with corporate seat in Tokyo, Japan and its office address at Hulic Kamiyacho Building 7F, Toranomon 4-3-13, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan, registered with the Japan Ministry of Justice, Legal Affairs-Bureau under number 0104-01-049350, hereinafter referred to as the “Company”. The Company serves as a personal data controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679.
Legal basis for collection of data
The Company processes personal data based upon consent, contract, legal obligations, vital interests, public interests and legitimate interests. Consent can be provided to the Company in writing or digitally or by applying for a vacancy at the Company or its subsidiaries. A request for withdrawal of consent can be submitted to the Company by contacting [email@example.com]. Once the Company has received a request for withdrawal of consent, the Company will no longer process personal data and, subject to the retention policy of the Company, the Company will dispose of the personal data securely.
urpose for collecting and processing personal data
The Company will collect and process personal data for the purposes described hereinbelow:
- obtaining approvals and licenses for operation and construction of power plants;
- enablement to supply power;
- procurements of funds for the construction of power plants;
- conclusion of contracts;
- fulfillment of obligations deriving from contracts with landowners and business partners;
- negotiating contracts;
- communication purposes;
- performance of environment impact assessments on power stations;
- carrying out polls and surveys;
- recruitment and job applications;
- meeting internal audit requirements;
- personalization of content on website or business information;
- delivering marketing and events communication;
- internal research and development; and
- legal obligations (e.g., prevention of fraud).
Type of personal data collected and processed
The Company will collect and process a range of information. This includes:
- Name, ID nr., address and contact details, including email address, IP address, Fax number and telephone number;
- bank transfer account;
- birth, gender, nationality, social media accounts;
- educational achievements, diplomas, transcripts, languages, details of qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information about current level of remuneration;
- whether or not a person has a disability for which the Company needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process;
- information about entitlement to work in Japan or another country; and
- any data provided during meetings or interviews.
Storage of data
The Company will retain personal data for a period of no longer than reasonably necessary and for the purposes mentioned hereinabove at nr. 3. We retain personal data for a certain period of time so that we can comply with our legal obligations and can demonstrate, in the event of a legal claim, that we have conducted our legal procedures in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy and applicable laws and regulations.
With regard to job applicants, it is our policy that unsuccessful applicants may be reconsidered for employment when there are vacancies with us or our subsidiaries. The Company can therefore retain your personal data for up to two years for the purpose of reconsideration of recruitment.
Secure of personal data
The Company ensures that personal data is stored securely using procedures and modern software that is kept up-to-date. These measures protect personal data, among others, against: unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures (‘integrity and confidentiality’).
Access to personal data shall be limited to personnel who needs access and appropriate security is in place to avoid unauthorized sharing of information. When personal data is deleted, this should be done safely such that the data is irrecoverable. Appropriate back-up and disaster recovery solutions shall be in place.
Transfer of data to third countries
The Company may share personal data with relevant third parties such as one of its subsidiaries, joint investors or any party in order to make necessary employment reference checks, which may involve a transfer of personal data across border to another jurisdiction. The Company has taken the necessary measures in order to provide an appropriate level of data privacy protection when personal data is transferred across border, such as the conclusion of data protection agreements with our European subsidiaries. Personal data will be stored at the premises of the Company.
Data subject rights
The Company respects your rights to access and control your personal data. Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to personal data: this enables you to (among others) obtain confirmation from the Company as whether or not personal data is being processed, receive a copy of the personal data and to check that the Company is lawfully processing personal data.
- Request rectification of personal data: this enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data corrected.
- Request erasure of personal data: this enables you to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Request the restriction of processing of personal data: This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request data portability of personal data: this enables you to request your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the transfer of personal data to another party.
- Object processing of personal data: where the Company is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Address data protection queries
regular mail at:
Hulic Kamiyamachi Building 7F, 4-3-13, Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Eurus Energy Holdings Corporation Personal Information Contact; or
by e-mail at:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, that you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the supervisory authority.